12/04/2007

A Hectic Life

Commuting In LondonWalking from Cannon Street Station to my workplace to day I stood there for a moment watching as the people in their cars shouted at other drivers, commuters all looking straight ahead trying to get to work as quick as possible.
I was thinking to myself, why is life like this? Why is everyone so busy and caught up in work to have time for others? To stop and have a chat, being friendly instead of just pushing others out the way to get to where they are going.
I had a vision, I'm going to take my time getting to where I'm going, I'm going to stay relaxed, not be bothered by this hectic lifestyle. Readers I'm going to be different, I'm going to be happy with life, I'm going to enjoy life. Then I looked at my watch "SHIT!" I thought, "late for work again", then once again I joined in with the thousands of commuters getting on with this hectic life pushing past people, moaning and being miserable. Oh well maybe tomorrow will be different, after all it is Friday tomorrow. Or maybe I should stop having these visions while on my way to work.

(I know, I know I'm a hypocrite) ;-)

No comments: